Hybrid role - remote based/Milton Keynes office
Leeda is a major manufacturer and distributor of fishing tackle that has a heritage stretching back over 40 years, servicing the UK and European angling market.
Involved with many of the biggest brands in the UK angling scene such as MAP and Wychwood, the Product/CAD Designer will work alongside the existing design team to bring products through from concept to manufacture.
The key day-to-day tasks of this role include:
• Discussing issues with end users to determine design-based solutions
• Generating and presenting product concepts to the brand management team
• Exploring concepts using tools such as CAD modelling, sketching and physical models • Creating specification sheets and 3D CAD models to be sent to manufacturers
• Communication with manufacturers to resolve issues faced through production
• Generating computer rendered images and graphics for marketing use
Not only will you be involved in designing across brands, you will present finalised ideas and concepts to your colleagues and internal project managers. You will be a part of an experienced and driven team, where your creative input will be vitally important to the company’s success.
Experience you will need to be considered for this role :
• Experience working with 3D modelling software and Adobe illustrator
• Exploring concepts using tools such as CAD modelling, sketching and physical models
• Experience in undertaking design projects from concept stage through to finished product • Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques including injection moulding
Desirable attributes for the ideal candidate:
• Experience working with Key Shot and Solidworks
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite • A degree in a relevant subject (e.g. product design)
• An interest in angling would be beneficial
Please send your CV with a covering email to email@example.com, exlplaining why you think you should be considered for this role; applicants must provide evidence of their work through a portfolio or website link.
Closing date: 17/06/22
To find out more about Leeda and our holding company please visit www.hyoung.co.uk.